The Des Moines Catholic
Worker Community -
We open our house five days a week and welcome others as guests in our home.
Dingman House, 1310 - 7th Street, Des Moines, IA, is open from noon to 7:00 pm on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We are closed on Monday and Wednesday.
* Lunch is served
at noon, when available. Coffee, tea and snacks are served throughout the
* Supper is served at 6 pm.
* A shower is available until 5 pm.
* Guests are welcome to help themselves to donated bread, household items, and clothing.
* A phone is available for making local phone calls. Guests can receive their mail at our house.
* Canned goods from our food pantry are available upon request, when available.
* Sock Exchange. We exchange a clean pair of socks for dirty ones and wash and redistribute them.
* Legal Clinic. Several lawyers volunteer their services on Tuesday from 5:30 to 6:30 pm to provide assistance with legal issues.
* Community Garden. The DM Catholic Worker is a community gardening site as part of a Botanical Center program.
* Produce Giveaway. We give away donated produce on Saturday at 10 am at Trinity United Methodist Church, 8th and College, Des Moines, IA.
* A Bible Study is held at 7 pm Monday at the Dingman House. Call to make sure study is being held.
* Sunday at noon donated break and pastry items are given away when available.
* Free haircuts available Sunday afternoon.